Envinity's Whole-Home Energy Audit
Who should get an energy audit from Envinity?
An energy audit is the foundation for any home improvement project. While all homeowners can benefit from an energy audit, energy audits are especially useful if your:
- Energy bills are too high or are increasing
- Home feels uncomfortable due to temperature fluctuations from room to room
- House has moisture or mold problems
- Indoor air quality is poor
- Outdated equipment is causing health and safety concerns
- Heating and/or cooling equipment is unreliable
- Home needs upgrades, but you are unsure where to start
Our energy audits are thorough and comprehensive. The day of the audit will go something like this:
- We will sit down and discuss your home, including energy costs, comfort issues, moisture problems, and any health or safety concerns you have.
- Next, we will install up to $200 worth of energy saving equipment including LED bulbs, powerstrips, and energy-saving showerheads; this qualifies you for a rebate of $250 from FirstEnergy, which we will apply for on your behalf. This is a total value of $450.
- Then, the audit begins, and usually lasts for about 3-4 hours. We perform a full diagnostic assessment of your home, using specialized equipment such as a blower door and infrared camera to assess sources of energy loss. We will also look for any water issues or health and safety concerns at this time.
- We conclude the audit, and analyze the information back at the office.
What happens after the home visit portion of the energy audit?
After we have conducted the energy audit, we will go back home and examine our findings. At this point, we will:
- Analyze your energy bills
- Create an energy model of your home, and determine which upgrades would save you the most energy and money
- Compile a report with suggested measures and include the payback period for each (find a sample report here)
- Meet with you to discuss or findings and your options
- Complete and submit your rebate paperwork
If you decide you want to implement any of our suggestions, we have all the in-house experience to install the measures we recommend.
If you would like to learn more or schedule an energy audit, please give us a call or complete our Home Energy Survey.
Call us to learn more!