The Rural Energy For America Program or “REAP” has been around since 2008 and has provided hundreds of millions of dollars in grants and loan guarantees to fund thousands of renewable energy projects across the country. Farmers and ranchers and rural small businesses in Pennsylvania can apply to REAP for either grants or loan guarantees to improve the efficiency of existing energy-using operations or to install new renewable energy systems and Envinity is here to help.
We have experience guiding clients through the application process and designing, installing, and maintaining agricultural solar systems to ensure you obtain the maximum benefit from these USDA opportunities. These funds can also go towards an energy audit.
Who Should Apply:
- Agricultural producers with at least 50 percent of their gross income coming from agricultural operations.
- Small businesses in eligible rural areas.
What is The Rural Energy For America Program (REAP)?
This program provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for renewable energy systems or to make energy efficiency improvements.
What Do They Mean by “Rural”?
- Businesses must be in an area OTHER THAN a city or town with a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants and the urbanized area of that city or town. Check eligible business addresses.
- Agricultural producers may be in rural or non-rural areas.
Why Should I Consider It?
As climate change threatens crops and energy costs continue to skyrocket, producing on-farm, renewable energy has become an attractive option for many farmers and ranchers. In order to help farmers and ranchers save money by becoming more energy efficient, the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) provides grants and loans to farmers and rural businesses to reduce the sting of investing in new equipment that will better their bottom line in the long run.
Read more success stories HERE.
When Does it Go Away?
Applications for Grants of $20,000 or Less and Loan/Grant of $20,000 or Less Combo Applications due by October 31, 2019, or March 31, 2020
Applications for Unrestricted Grants or Loan/Unrestricted Grant Combo Applications due by March 31, 2020.
Energy Audit and Renewable Energy Development Assistance Grants due by January 31, 2020.
How Much Do I Get?
- Loan guarantees on loans up to 75% of total eligible project costs.
- Grants for up to 25% of total eligible project costs.
- Combined grant and loan guarantee funding up to 75% of total eligible project costs.
LEARN MORE HERE